This is the selection criteria for the Calgary Chapter of Dreams Take Flight. In order to participate the children must:
- Be between the ages of 7 - 12.
- Be a Canadian citizen. They must have a current passport or birth certificate.
- Be able to legally enter the United States.
- Be medically, mentally, physically, socially or emotionally challenged.
- Have never been to a Disney Theme Park.
- Be able to communicate orally or in sign language.
- Be able to function in a group situation and be able to endure an extremely long day.
- Attend the mandatory Orientation Meeting before the Day of Flight.
PARTICIPATING AGENCIES 2013
Alberta Children's Hospital - Audiology
Alberta Children's Hospital - Clinics
Between Friends Club
Big Brothers and Big Sisters
The Brenda Strafford Centre
Calgary and Area Child & Family Services
Calgary Board of Education
Calgary Catholic School District
Calgary Cerebral Palsy Association
Canadian National Institute for the Blind
Community Outreach in Pediatrics, Psychiatry and Education Discovery House
Enviros Wilderness School Association
Family Support for Children with Disabilities
Hospice Calgary Society
Inn From The Cold Society
Metis Family Services/Native Network
PREP- A Resource Centre for Children with Down Syndrome
Renfrew Educational Services
The Salvation Army Community Support Services
Safe Haven Women's Shelter
Siksika Nation Children's Services
Society for Treatment of Autism
Stanley Jones School - Is invited through Audiology
Sunrise Community Link
Tim Horton's Children's Charities