The Calgary Chapter is proud to work with various agencies and organizations in choosing the children that will go on the Disney trip each year. We take children with special needs from Southern Alberta.
In order to participate, the child must:
- Be between the ages of 7 – 12.
- Financially not have the opportunity to ever experience Disneyland / Disney World.
- Be a Canadian citizen. They must have a current Canadian birth certificate.
- Be able to legally enter the United States.
- Be medically, mentally, physically, socially or emotionally challenged.
- Have never been to a Disney Theme Park.
- Be able to communicate orally or in sign language.
- Be able to function in a group situation and be able to endure an extremely long day.
- Attend the mandatory Orientation Meeting before the Day of Flight.
Alberta Children’s Hospital
Alberta Children’s Hospital – Audiology
Big Brothers and Big Sisters
Calgary Board of Education – CBE
Calgary Catholic School District
Calgary Child Intervention – CFSA
Canadian National Institute for the Blind
Cerebral Palsy Kids and Families
Community Outreach in Pediatrics, Psychiatry and Education
Dreams Take Flight
Enviros Wilderness School Association
Family Support for Children with Disabilities
Hospice Calgary Society
Inn From The Cold Society
Metis Calgary Family Services/Native Network
Pride Respect Empowerment Progress (PREP) program
Renfrew Educational Services
Sheldon Kennedy Child Advocacy Centre
Siksika Nation Childrens Services
The Brenda Strafford Centre