The Calgary Chapter is proud to work with various agencies and organizations in choosing the children that will go on the Disney trip each year. We take children with special needs from Southern Alberta.
In order to participate, the child must:
- Be between the ages of 6 – 12.
- Financially not have the opportunity to ever experience Disneyland / Disney World.
- Be a Canadian citizen. They must have a current Canadian birth certificate.
- Be able to legally enter the United States.
- Be medically, mentally, physically, socially or emotionally challenged.
- Have never been to a Disney Theme Park.
- Be able to communicate orally or in sign language.
- Be able to function in a group situation and be able to endure an extremely long day.
- Attend the mandatory Orientation Meeting before the Day of Flight.
Alberta Children’s Hospital – Audiology
Alberta Children’s Hospital – Clinics & Calgary Pediatricians
Between Friends Club
Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Calgary and Area
The Brenda Strafford Centre
Calgary and Area Child & Family Services
Calgary Board of Education
Calgary Catholic School District
Calgary Cerebral Palsy Association
Canadian National Institute for the Blind
Community Outreach in Pediatrics, Psychiatry and Education
Enviros Wilderness School Association
Family Support for Children with Disabilities
Hospice Calgary Society
Inn From The Cold Society
McMan Calgary and Area
Metis Family Services/Native Network
Renfrew Educational Services